À la carte restaurant in the old dining room in the Mondschein
The restaurant, “Mondscheins Alte Gaststube“, has been a insider tip for decades and a hidden gem for exquisite, yet traditional treats in our skihotel at Arlberg.
We are known for using high-quality products, which are creatively arranged and presented. The strict waiver of convenience food and the big spectrum of homemade specialities, like our handmade bread and sausages, schmalz, smoked salmon, selfmade schnaps and oils and many more, make our restaurant unique.
Out kitchen philosophy is all about using natural ingredients and renouncing from preservatives. Therefore we have been a member of the “Slow Food” movement for many years now.
Guests from the town and nearby houses can enjoy gourmet menues as well as the à la Carte choices in the rustic “Gaststube”. One of the oldest and most authentic corners of the house invites you to relax and enjoy the culinary pleasures!
Reservation recommended: +43 5582 511
Our gourmet board
We offer a gourmet board for our guest. Included are:
- Breakfast buffet - Afternoon-Snack - Dinner
- Panorama-Restaurant on the first floor for hotel guests only
- Healthy breakfast from the buffet with organic products, as well as tea bar
- Homemade baked bread from the in-house bakery
- Afternoon-Snacks in the "Alte Gaststube" by the tiled fireplace, starting from February also on the windstill sun-terrace
- 5-course menu of choice in the evening, including salad variation from the buffet with homemade dressing
- You choose your main dish between fish and meat - or would you like something vegetarian?
- The chef and his young team serve fresh, grounded classics and Austrian specialties
If you have any intolerances, allergies or sensitivities - please let uns know with your booking or when you arrive at the reception. We are going to offer you the best alternative dishes.
Wine cellar from the 17th century
We believe that the best way to enjoy a special wine is to drink it with amazing food. Therefor we recommend the best wine to go with your meals.
Every year we are filling our rustic wine cellar from the 17th century with a wide range of Austrian wines. From top producer to smaller, unknown young winemakers - we want to create a platform for top quality. We stock rare gems for special occasions, affordable and delicious wine as well as high-quality wine for true connoisseurs - handpicked for centuries with lots of love.
Mondschein, the Hotel on the Arlberg, is member of the 1. Club Sommellerie Österreichs. Its members are hosts and sommelliers of a few quality-conscious companies in Austria. Main goal of the club is to support the wine culture and gastronomy.